How To Create your Canvas Prints
If you haven’t already, please check 1-5 on How to get started first - to eliminate any software or system issues and to familiarise yourself with registration and uploading your images.
View Video - How to Create a Mini Box Canvas Print
Step by step instructions - How to Create a Mini Box Canvas Print
Follow directions here first if you are new to the Mini Box online area
Canvas Print FAQs
What is the Quality of a Mini Box canvas print?
Our canvases are printed onto a high quality satin, artist’s quality, canvas. They are hand stretched onto a quality wooden frame. Your Canvas Print also comes with hooks and string for instant hanging.
Is my canvas stretched?
Yes your canvas print is stretched on a 40x30mm pine canvas frame and delivered ready to hang.
What is the red border around the canvas print work area?
The red border around the work area indicates the part of your image that will be wrapped around the side of the frame on your finished canvas print. The red border itself will not be printed on your canvas, and appears as a guide only. When designing your canvas print, please make sure that the entire image that you want to appear on the front of your canvas is inside the red border. If you are unsure of your work please contact us prior to submitting your order.
How do I add text to my canvas print?
- Open your canvas print project.
- Click on the text tool in the toolbar on the left of the work area. "Add text" will appear on the page, surrounded by a blue border.
- Click on the text tab on the left hand toolbar, and insert your text in the text box provided
- You can also change the font style, colour and alignment as required.
- You are able to change the size of the text by clicking on the “25” button on the left tool bar and then using the + and – button.
- If you decide that you do not want to keep the text on your page, select the text by clicking on it once, then click the delete button.
- To move the text box around the page or to the opposite page (left) you need to click on the red position box on the left of the page.
- Once this has been done you can click inside the text box and drag it to the position you would like.
How do I add or edit the background, embellishments and borders in my photo book project?
In order to change the background of your photo book project, please follow the instructions below:
- Open your canvas print project.
- Click on the "backgrounds/embellishments/borders" button from the menu at the top of the work area.
- Backgrounds/embellishments/borders are grouped by category. Select a category of background from the drop-down menu.
- Select the backgrounds/embellishments/borders you would like to use from the carousel, then click and drag the background onto the correct page in your photo book project.
- In the backgrounds/embellishments/borders options window, a pop up window will appear where you can select which pages you would like to apply the background to, then click OK.
Can I add more than one image to a canvas print?
Yes. You can add as many images as you like to your canvas by dragging more onto the page and placing them where required.
How do I remove borders?
To remove borders click on the actual border on your image, not the photo as this will delete your image. Once you have clicked on the border click "borders" at the top like you did to add them. In there, click "no borders". This will then show you a very light grey box in the space at the top. Click on that "no border" and drag it onto your image again. You will then be asked if you want to remove it on just that image or the entire canvas.
Start here - Eliminate known issues with easy fixes
Most of our customer support is helping people to have the best user experience from their individual computers.
These are all easy fixes if you do the 1-5 Check List first on How to Get Started
I have forgotten my password
If you have forgotten your password, please click on the "Forgot my password" link on the sign in page. Enter your email address, and you will be sent a confirmation email with your new password information. If you do not receive an email, check your spam or junk mail folders.
A yellow exclamation mark (!) or a red cross (X) appears on my photo on the screen
The yellow exclamation mark or a red cross mark are warnings that the image that you have used for your photo are of a low resolution, which may give poor results when printed. The yellow mark is a low-resolution warning and the red cross indicates not to use the image at all. We strongly suggest that you do not proceed with your order if these warnings appear. To continue with your order, either reduce the size of the image until the warning disappears or try uploading a larger size image.
Please be warned if you proceed with your order and these warnings were displayed it voids any opportunity to obtain a refund for bad quality images. For this reason please make use of our contact methods for advice before placing your order.
I have placed my order and realised I have made a mistake and would like to make a change. How can I do that?
Once your order has been submitted, it uploads directly into an automated processing system. Once your order has been placed, it is unfortunately not possible to make any changes to your order. Please take the opportunity to fully preview your order and contact us with any questions prior to submitting your order.
How do I see the progress of my order?
- Click "Sign In" and enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, click the "My Orders" button at the top of the page
- The current status of your most recent orders will be displayed.
- In Progress - Your order has been received by our system and the printing lab is processing the information.
- In Production - The printing lab has received your order and is currently printing and producing your items.
- Shipped - Your order has been packaged and posted from the printing lab.
- Received in store - Your order has been received at the store and is ready to be picked up. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm that your order is ready.
iPhone and iPad
We use Adobe Flash technologies to run our site, and Apple restricts the use of this technology on all their mobile devices. You can read more about the reasoning behind this via the below link. http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/ You will need to place your order on a full sized computer, laptop or Mac.
How do I upload my photos?
- Sign into the website using your email address and password.
- Click on the “My Photos” button.
- Select an album to upload your photos into. If you do not have an album, you will need to create one and name it.
- Click the "Upload Pictures" button in the bottom right hand corner of the main menu screen.
- Select an Image up loader to use and click OK.
- If you select the Aurigma up loader, a message may appear at the top of your browser that states: "The website wants to install the following add-on" click on the message and select "Install ActiveX Control" (for Internet Explorer).
- Follow the instructions given to install the software. You may need to log back in to your account.
- When using the Aurigma uploaded, you will also have the option of choosing an upload quality. Select an” Image Quality” option, and click OK. If you would like to order large items such as canvas prints, we recommend using the large “Image Upload” option.
- You will then be able to select the location on your computer from which to upload your photos. i.e. My Pictures.
- Select the images that you would like to upload, and click the "upload" button. Your photos will now be uploaded to your album.
View a video - How to upload your photos
View Video - How to upload your images to Mini Box
Do my photos get re sized automatically during upload?
There are 3 different upload options available.
- Small - Suited for small gifting items.
- Medium - Suited for regular prints and some enlargements.
- Large - Suited for large prints and canvas.
The image will be resized based on your selection. By choosing a smaller upload option, the upload speed will increase, however the image quality will be reduced. You only need to use the upload size based on what you are planning on ordering. The quality of the image will not be increased by choosing a higher upload option.
I am unable to upload photos from my Mac
There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to upload your photos using a Mac computer.
If you are using Safari as the Internet browser, we suggest you try using Google Chrome as the browser instead. Safari can be problematic and should be the first thing to check if problems have been encountered.
How do I check photo quality?
If you go to the main page once you have logged in you will see an icon in the top left corner that says my photos. If you click on that it will take you to where your images are stored. Select the album you want to work with and once you have it opened you can select any photo by clicking on it and then preview above. This will give you an indication on the coloured meter whether your image is suitable to use or not.
How do I edit/crop my image or change to black and white?
From the design page select the image you would like to change and then click on “Edit” on the menu on the left hand side. Select black & white to change your image and then continue if you are happy with it. Note you can also select sepia as well. To crop your image select the crop box on the left hand side and move the arrows accordingly. Again, click continue to save the changes or previous to leave the editing page.
What format do my photos need to be to upload?
To upload multiple photos on a PC, you can use the following file types: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe)
To upload photos on a Mac, you can use the following file types: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe)
To upload photos one-by-one, you can use the following file types: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe)
Any digital photo you upload must have an ending that matches one of the above file types (e.g., beachholiday.jpg). Whichever type of file you use, the copy you upload will be converted to JPEG format before it is added to your account.
When you are using the Aurigma Uploader you are only able to upload files in JPG or PNG file formats. The Imagine Uploader accepts JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP or PSD files.
Why can't I see file extensions on my photo files?
If the names of your files do not end with a dot and a three- or four-letter extension (.jpg, .zip, etc.), your computer may be set to hide file extensions at the end of file names. This setting is easy to change-
On a PC with Windows:
From your computer desktop, click 'Start' and select 'Control Panel' from the menu on the right.
Double click 'Folder Options'.
Click on the 'View' tab at the top of the window.
Uncheck the box labelled 'Hide extensions for known file types' and click on the 'OK' button to confirm your change.
You should now see the file extensions at the end of all file names.
NOTE: These steps may vary slightly if you have an older Windows operating system.
On a Mac:
Click on the 'Finder' drop-down menu at the top of your browser window.
In the next window, select the 'Advanced' icon.
Check the box next to 'Show all file extensions'.
I am having problems uploading photos using a Mac computer
There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to upload your photos using a Mac OS computer.
If you are using Safari as the internet browser, we suggest you try using Chrome as the browser instead. https://www.google.com/chrome
If you are unable to see an "Upload" button, this may be an issue with your screen resolution. To resolve this problem -
- Click on the Apple menu in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences > Displays
- Under the heading "Resolutions" select a setting of 1024x768 or higher
If you have not been able to upload your images using the Aurigma Uploader, try using the Imagine Uploader instead. If the above does not resolve the issue, we suggest you clear your cookies and cache. When using Firefox, this can be done by:
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu and select Clear Private Data
- Remove checks from everything except cache. Leave cache checked.
- Click Clear Private Data Now.