Simply follow steps 1 through 5 to easily eliminate known issues and give you the best user experience
You will need to update to the latest Adobe Flash Player and Java
You will need the latest installation of Flash
You will need the latest installation of Java
To quickly see the versions you are running on your computer now - go to supportdetails.com - see Flash and Java panels.
We recommended you update your browser to Google Chrome
Internet Explorer users we recommend you update to Google Chrome for a faster experience.
Safari users we suggest you try using Google Chrome as the browser instead. Safari can be problematic and should be the first thing to check if problems have been encountered.
To upload multiple photos from a PC, you can use the following file types: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe)
To upload photos from a Mac, you can use the following file types: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe)
To upload photos one-by-one, you can use the following file types: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe)
Any digital photo you upload must have an ending that matches one of the above file types (e.g., beachholiday.jpg).
Whichever type of file you use, the copy you upload will be converted to JPEG format before it is added to your account.
When you are using the Aurigma Uploader you are only able to upload files in JPG or PNG file formats.
The Imagine Uploader accepts JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP or PSD files.
*More detailed info and video on uploading your photos in section 5 - Details to begin
Do I have to download software?
No. Our ordering software is all cloud based meaning you only require an internet connection to use our services.
You can login to your account wherever you have a computer with an internet connection.
How do I create an account?
- Either click on the "Create Now" button at the top of the home page, OR simply click on a product's GO button, which will open a new window.
- Click on the "Register for free" button.
- Enter the required information, and click on the "Submit" button.
- You can also click on Create an Account on our home page and follow the prompts.
- Go now to Create an Account
I am unable to see a submit button?
- For Internet Explorer - click on the page size and make sure it is no more than 100%.
- For Firefox - http://mozillalinks.org/2008/06/tweak-firefox-3-full-page-zoom/
- For Google Chrome - http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?answer=96810
View Video - How to upload your Photos to MiniBox
How do I upload my photos?
- Sign into the website using your email address and password.
- Click on the “My Photos” button.
- Select an album to upload your photos into. If you do not have an album, you will need to create one and name it.
- Click the "Upload Pictures" button in the bottom right hand corner of the main menu screen.
- Select an Image up loader to use and click OK.
- If you select the Aurigma up loader, a message may appear at the top of your browser that states: "The website wants to install the following add-on" click on the message and select "Install ActiveX Control" (for Internet Explorer).
- Follow the instructions given to install the software. You may need to log back in to your account.
- When using the Aurigma uploaded, you will also have the option of choosing an upload quality. Select an” Image Quality” option, and click OK. If you would like to order large items such as canvas prints, we recommend using the large “Image Upload” option.
- You will then be able to select the location on your computer from which to upload your photos. i.e. My Pictures.
- Select the images that you would like to upload, and click the "upload" button. Your photos will now be uploaded to your album.
Do my photos get resized automatically during upload?
There are 3 different upload options available.
- Small - Suited for small gift items.
- Medium - Suited for regular prints and some enlargements.
- Large - Suited for large prints and canvas.
The image will be resized based on your selection. By choosing a smaller upload option, the upload speed will increase, however the image quality will be reduced. You only need to use the upload size based on what you are planning on ordering. The quality of the image will not be increased by choosing a higher upload option.
I am unable to upload photos from my Mac
There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to upload your photos using a Mac computer.
If you are using Safari as the Internet browser, we suggest you try using Google Chrome as the browser instead. Safari can be problematic and should be the first thing to check if problems have been encountered.
IPhone & Ipad.
We use Adobe Flash technologies to run our site, and Apple restricts the use of this technology on all their mobile devices. You can read more about the reasoning behind this via the below link. http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/ You will need to place your order on a full sized computer, laptop or Mac.